Poland (1999-2001): Water Component of Twinning agreement PL98/IB-EN-01
Water Component of Twinning agreement PL98/IB-EN-01
September 1999 - October 2001
BENEFICIARY: Ministry of the Environment, Poland
FUNDING: European Commission
France was project leader of the Twinning PL98/IB-EN-01, in partnership with Germany and the United Kingdom. The overall management of the project was entrusted to ADEME, International Office for Water contributing as the operator of the water component.
The transposition of European Directives (waste water, nitrates, dangerous substances and the Water Framework Directive), the analysis of the institutional framework and the development of methods and procedures for applying the directives within an integrated management and development plan, particularly at the river basin level were the main trends for the activities.
- Legal, technical and institutional expertise; adaptation of institutional organisation to a new legal framework, complying with the main European Directives
- Formulation of a one-year action plan for a pilot river basin (Narew river basin, the longest Vistula tributary) : services included the collection of necessary technical and economic data, the elaboration of an inventory document outlining the challenges and priority problems in the pilot basin, the formulation of a draft programme of measures, the setting up of commissions for stakeholders participation and decision-making.
- Capacity building
- Organisation of training activities for technical officers involved in the implementation of the Water Framework Directive at regional level. Information sessions were also organised for representatives from local authorities and stakeholders in the basin.
All the versions of this article: [English] [français]
In the same section
- Countries of Eastern Europe, Caucasus of Central Asia: (...)
- Poland (1999-2001): Water Component of Twinning (...)
- Bulgaria (1999-2001): Water component of Twinning (...)
- Romania (1999-2001): Twinning agreement in the water (...)
- Estonia (1999-2001): River Basin Management
- Slovenia (2000-2001): Water Component of Twinning (...)
- Hungary (2000-2001): Water Component of Twinning (...)
- Czech Rep. (2001-2002): Implementation of the Nitrates (...)
- Romania (2001-2003): Environmental cost evaluation and (...)
- Bulgaria (2001-2002): Creation of basin organisation
- Czech Republic (2002-2004): Support to the implementation
- Bulgaria (2002-2003): Transposition of the Directives (...)
- Hungary (2002-2004): Support to the Implementation of (...)
- Slovenia (2002-2003): Introduction and assistance in (...)
- Estonia (2003-2005): Implementation of EU Directives